Along with our fellow member innkeepers, Engadine announces the Asheville Bed and Breakfast Association (ABBA) fall package offering…a self-driving tour of the Sandy Mush Community of Artisans and Farms near Leicester, NC (just a 20 minute drive from Downtown Asheville). This delightful leisure experience will allow you the opportunity to stay in our Asheville area classic bed and breakfast inn or in one of our mountain cabins during one of the most beautiful times of the year in Western North Carolina…the fall leaf season…and to explore one of the area’s most beautiful and yet least known rural art and agricultural communities.
So here is what is included…
• A touring guide/map of the Sandy Mush Community of Artisans and area farms (some of which are offered by appointment only…as/if necessary, websites and contact information is provided below in order for you to develop your preferred itinerary).
• A complimentary picnic lunch (see below for available menu options) provided before you depart Engadine, which we suggest you enjoy while visiting Addison Vineyards At Addison Vineyards you will also enjoy a wine tasting while taking in the panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. (If you visit during September, you will also watch the grapes being harvested.) At the conclusion of your visit, you will also have the opportunity to take advantage of a 10% discount on the purchase of wine. http://www.addisonfarms.net
• During your stop at Sandy Holler Farms, a 10% discount will also be available when shopping for honey, beeswax candles and pick-your-own blackberries. httw://www.sandyhollerfarms.com
• While visiting Reeves Home Place Farm, one of the area’s working farms, you might choose to purchase from their inventory of farm products…fresh eggs, farm grown produce and packaged meats…all offered with a 10% discount. http://www.facebook.com/reeveshomeplacefarm
• Numerous studio and gallery tours in the area’s artisan community are also available during your outing…
~Jones Pottery, the studio of nationally recognized potter, Matt Jones. http://jonespottery.com
~ Laurie W. Brown, the studio for this accomplished Appalachian quilter. http://cometoleicester.org/artists – /laurie-brown
~Sky Dance Art, the studio for painter Christine Hield. http://www.cometoleicester.org/artists – /christine-heild
~ Fiber artist June Hawkins at Sandy Holler Farms
~ The workshop of broom maker Marlow Gates and the studio of Diana Gates. http:/www.friendswoodbrooms.com
And, here is the deal…
• A two-night minimum stay is required (your choice of lodging options will be charged separately)
• Price is based on double occupancy (two adults)
• This package offering is available beginning on September 16 and concludes on November 13.
• This package is not available during the Columbus Day holiday weekend (October 8 through 10)
• Tour pricing is $60.00 per couple
• Lodging options and pricing-
In the Inn- from $219.00 to $289.00 per night
In the Cabins- from $229.00 to $399.00 per night
• Taxes are not included in the prices quoted
• Call for details
PICNIC MENU OPTIONS-
Please contact the Inn at least one week prior to your arrival to communicate your menu selections. Your picnic will be delivered to you on the morning of your tour prior to your departure from the Inn.
*Artisan BLT- fried green tomato, mixed greens, applewood smoked bacon and house remoulade, served on white toast
* Grilled Chicken Pesto- mixed greens, roasted red pepper, feta and artisan basil pesto, served on focaccia
* Spicy Smoked Salmon- spinach, cucumber, red onion, tomato, sprouts, capers and chipotle mayo, served on spinach wrap
Your choice of sandwich will be served with homemade pasta salad, dill pickle spear, potato chips and your choice of bottled tea or water or soft drink.