Honey Hill Inn and Cabins is a unique, privately-owned property where every guest reservation is handled on an individual, personalized basis. Because of that, we require a deposit to guarantee a room or cabin. Your deposit insures that your accommodation will be available as confirmed.
- Up to four (4) nights stay – deposit equal to one (1) night’s stay is required.
- Five (5) or more nights and special packages – a 25% deposit of the total is required.
- Group Reservations – 25% of the entire group reservation (all rooms/cabins for all nights) is required.
- For longer-term rentals of eight (8) nights or more, we require payment in full at the time the reservation is made. All cancellation and early check-out policies apply.
Cancellations & Refunds
If you cancel at least fourteen (14) days prior to your scheduled arrival date, we will refund your deposit minus a $25 per room/cabin processing fee. Exceptions: For group reservations, whole house/property bookings, special packages and events, and reservations during the month of October, we require a thirty (30) day cancellation notice.If you cancel less than fourteen 14 days prior to your arrival date, or thirty (30) days prior for the exceptions noted above, we cannot refund your deposit. If you cancel within two (2) days of arrival, depart early, or arrive late, you will be responsible for the full amount of the reservation.Your deposit insures that your accommodations will be available as confirmed. It also insures us that the accommodations are sold as confirmed, meaning that we have taken your room or cabin “off the market” for the dates you requested. Therefore, please understand that if situations arise that require you to cancel within the above-mentioned time frames, we certainly sympathize, but we must adhere to our business policy of no refunds. We highly recommend purchasing trip/travel insurance. There are numerous online companies that provide insurance.
Check-in and Check-out
Check-in is from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Please call us if you are delayed or expect to arrive later than 7:00 PM. Check-out is 11:00 AM. We reserve the right to charge for unscheduled check-ins later than 9 PM. Unless you have pre-arranged for a late check-out, we reserve the right to charge $25 per hour for departures after 11 AM.
For the safety and comfort of our guests, smoking is not permitted in any of the cabins. Smoking is permitted on the cabin porches only. Please use the ashtrays we have provided for you. Smoking anywhere in the cabins can result in a $250 cleaning fee, which will automatically be charged to your credit card.
Damages and Cleaning
Your room or cabin will be inspected for property damage and abuse after check-out, including damaged furniture, missing amenities, heavily-soiled linens and towels (including wine and makeup stains), and carpet stains. We reserve the right to seek payment for any expenses incurred for repair, or replacement of items. If your room or cabin is left in a condition that requires additional cleaning time beyond what it normally takes for us to clean it, you will be charged professional cleaning fees (if required) or an additional $25 per hour for our staff to restore it to the condition it was when you checked in. We will photograph all damages and/or rooms/cabins that have been left in a condition that requires extensive cleaning.
Each room and cabin has a maximum capacity, which is determined by county regulations. All rooms in the B&B are double occupancy, adults only. Cabin rates are based on double occupancy, unless otherwise stated in the cabin description. Additional cabin guests, including children over the age of three (3) will be charged $10 per day.
Our bed and breakfast is reserved for adults only. Children of all ages are welcome in our five family-friendly cabins. Please note: The Cherokee log cabin is our luxury cabin and is reserved for two (2) adults only.
Additional linens are provided for cabins with a sofa bed or air mattress. Rollaway beds are not available in the cabins.
Each cabin has a gas fireplace, wood burning fireplace, or gas-fired stove. These are operational from October 15 – March 31. Cabins with wood burning fireplaces will be supplied with enough wood and fire starter logs for one fire per day of stay.
Rates are subject to Buncombe County and North Carolina State Sales and Lodging taxes.
Some amenities might not be available during special promotions with external advertising partners. If you are purchasing a stay at Honey Hill through a 3rd party (not directly from Honey Hill), please call us to ask about the availability of amenities not specifically listed in the advertised promotion.
Honey Hill Inn and Cabins offers three dog-friendly cabins: Looking Glass, Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains. We do not allow pets of any kind in the mansion or in our other cabins.To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all of our guests, and the safety of our staff, we ask that you abide by the following policies for dogs and their owners. There is a one-time cleaning charge of $25 per stay.
- Limit of one (1) dog per cabin, 35 lb max, unless innkeepers have given prior approval in writing.- Dogs must be up to date on all vaccinations and be free of fleas and ticks.- Dogs must be on a leash and under your control at all times. This is for the protection of other dogs (including ours), our guests, and staff. Even if your dog has never been aggressive toward other dogs or humans, “surprises” can happen.- You are responsible for any damages incurred by your dog, including cleaning, repairs to the cabin or replacement of furnishings.- Do not use guest towels to wipe off your dog. Special “dog” towels are provided in your cabin.- Potty breaks of any kind should be confined to areas away from the mansion and our beautiful flowers and plants. Please pick up after your dog, regardless of where you are on the property, including wooded areas. Plastic bags are available in your cabin. Please be considerate of other guests who also enjoy strolling the grounds and wooded areas.- Innkeepers reserve the right to ask guests with unsociable dogs (excessive barking, chewing, aggressive behavior) to leave the property. Early departure policies will apply.We appreciate your cooperation, which will allow us to continue to provide quality lodging for you and your pet!
Travel Tips and Suggestions
We want you and your dog to have a wonderful vacation. Here are some tips for keeping your
dog comfortable in his or her new surroundings.
- Just like you, dogs like the comforts of home: their own bedding, toys, brush, even their own dishes. Most important, though, bring your pet’s own food. This is not the time to get experimental with your pet’s digestive tract!
- Bring an old tee shirt or other article of clothing with your scent to place in your dog’s crate while you are away from the cabin. This will reduce anxiety in your dog’s new surroundings.
- Be sure that your dog is wearing identification tags.