Are you a foodie? Have you ever thought about what it would be like to be a judge in a professional cooking competition? Well, this is your chance to participate in Asheville’s “Fire on the Rock” Competition Dining series!
For three weeks in March, chefs from eight of Asheville’s finest restaurants will pair up against each other in a competition called “Fire On the Rock,” which is part of a statewide “Got to Be NC” competition. The Asheville competition is one of a series of competition dinners taking place in five cities across North Carolina. Asheville, Wilmington, Blowing Rock, Greensboro, Raleigh, and Charlotte host this year’s high-pressure series. Each regional champion will move on to the Final Fire-Battle of Champions in November.
The Competition: Each evening, two restaurants battle it out side by side, preparing meals that must include a
secret ingredient from North Carolina. The diners will enjoy a six-course menu, which will include three courses from each chef. Diners will not know which chef prepared the courses. You are a judge as you rate each dish and determine who moves to the next round and who goes home. At stake in each series is a grand prize of $2,000 and the coveted “Red Chef Jacket.”
The Schedule: Dinners begin at 6:30 PM on Monday and Tuesday nights on the following dates:
Qualifying Rounds: March 10th, 11th , 17th, 18th
Semi-Final Rounds: March 24th, 25th.
March 24th The winners of the March 10th and 11th rounds compete
March 25th The winners of the March 17th and 18th compete
The Final event on March 31st will be held in Raleigh and is not included in the package.
The Venue: The dinners will take place at the Lioncrest on the Biltmore Estate. Built in 1930 as a barn, the property was extensively renovated in 2006. The enclosed terrace has stunning views of the Biltmore property. One hundred fifty diners will be seated at tables of eight to enjoy the offerings of the chefs.
The Package: The Asheville Bed and Breakfast Association, of which we are a member, is offering an exclusive package that includes more than $150 in dining vouchers and gifts along with your lodging and dinner.
- 1 night’s lodging in a room of your choice (cabins not available).
- 2 tickets to Got to Be NC Competition Dining Series “Fire On the Rock”
- 2 commemorative wine glasses from NC Wine & Grape Council
- 1 bottle Cackalacky Sauce (sample size)
- Free dessert for two at Ambrozia
- Free dessert for two at The King James Public House
- 10% off lunch or dinner at Seasons Restaurant
- $10 off $25 purchase (alcohol not included) at Lexington Avenue Brewery (LAB)
- One complimentary Chef’s choice appetizer with the purchase of a bottle of wine at Strada Italiana
- Buy 2 Signature drinks and get your choice of 1 complimentary Tapas at The Social Lounge
- Copy of Savour the Inns of Asheville: Cookbook of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association
The Cost: The price of your room plus the cost of tickets to the event:
- Initial rounds $59/person plus tax and service (total $74.78)
- Semi-finals $69/person plus tax and service (total $87.46)
Tickets will be limited so book early. Please call us directly at 828-633-1110 to make your lodging reservation. We will take care of booking your tickets to Fire on the Rock!
This package is non-refundable.